Thursday 25 December 2008

Merry Xmas!







Xmas has not been a great time for me since losing my job 10 days before the festive season. But silver linings exist everywhere. I have enjoyed a super day with my parents and my belly is full and i am still full of hope and positivity for 2009. Last week i managed a couple of sessions on Dee with little success; one small jack in the fading light at the end of the day's fishing two days ago which was probably around 7-8lb. The Pike might not have been in the mood but i enjoyed the company of the regular Dee fanatics and their usual banter and good humour. The day was highly entertaining.



Earlier last week I managed a session with 'Womble' before Xmas which was also filled with our usual brand of Cestrian schoolboy humour and 'Womble' managed a nice double which weighed 15lb(Pictured above) and although the fish managed to give me a nice bit of 'Gill Raker Rash' it is always a pleasure to bleed for the cause. The foto above shows my gill raker rash and a slashed bait which was the story of the day for me. I had a mischievious jack in my swim which killed a few of my dace but cleverly avoided my hooks.



During that day on the next peg i befriended a super bloke; Rick Brown. A gentleman and also a good Piker. Rick managed a couple of super chunky Dee doubles that day when the Pike weren't tremendously hungry. Rick has caught some super Dee fish in the past and has sent me a great foto of a perfect Dee specimen over the magical 20lb mark (foto above). I look forward to spending some more time on the bank with this knowledgeable angler.

No comments: